- Co-op members receive annual interest on their investment.
- The minimum investment is set at £250 to ensure the broadest possible membership.
- One member one vote ensures your voice is heard and the board is formed from the members
- The average annual share interest since Boyndie Co-op began is 8.8%
- Members will receive advice and assistance on reducing energy bills through energy conservation
- Direct involvement increases awareness of environmental issues at the grass roots level and provides an opportunity to do something positive about climate change.
- The wind farm is visited by hundreds of school children and adults who co-own the project.
If the co-op wishes they can allocate funds for an energy conservation trust to promote energy conservation in the local community. The energy conservation trust will provide information and grants for efficiency measures within the locality of the turbines to individual homes and community organisations and fund environmental books for local schools.